INKED | Lauren from Bookmark Lit

Posted on Thursday, March 12, 2015 12:00 AM
 
Please welcome today's INKED guest, Lauren from Bookmark Lit!
 
 
Name: Lauren from Bookmark Lit
Tell us a little about yourself: Hello! I started up Bookmark Lit back in July because I wanted to connect with other readers and share my thoughts on the different books I read. I mostly read YA, especially contemporaries, but am trying to get back into some fantasy and paranormal. I love books about time travel and parallel universes! Other than reading, I'm obsessed with the Carolina Panthers and football. My friends don't try to make plans with me on Sundays/Mondays/Thursdays during football season.


 

When did you get your first tattoo? November 2013 - the star one
 
When did you get your last tattoo? May 2014 - the heart one
 
Do you have a favorite? AH I really love both of them! It's hard to pick a favorite when you only have two very special ones.
 
Is there a special meaning behind any of your tattoos? The three stars on my ankle are the stars that appear on the top of every Harry Potter book page. It represents, obviously, my love for that series and magical world. I've wanted that one for the longest time so it was appropriately my first tattoo. It's on my right ankle. My friend, also a big HP fan, got a matching one at the same time. My second one is a heart on the top/side of my left foot. I've always doodled hearts and wanted a heart tattoo. Aside from that, my absolute favorite show is Friends. Rachel gets a little heart tattoo and I wanted to represent my love for that show as well. My artist just freehanded this one right on my skin and then tattooed over it. I love the way it came out.
 
Are you planning to get anymore?  YES. My next idea, which I need my artist to draw up, is a much bigger one compared to my other two little baby ones. I want to get an open book with a coffee cup in front of it, with some flowers maybe around it. My artist is really good with kind of cartoony/new school tattoos so I want it to be really colorful and fun. I also want to get two big ones - one on each thigh - of an elephant and a lion. 

Tell us a little about your books/blog: My blog features YA book reviews, as well as some NA and Adult as I come across them. The biggest thing for me is keeping my blog authentic. I want to only read and review books that I actually want to read and review. It's a place for me to share my thoughts on all kinds of books and I definitely don't stray away from backlist titles. I think it adds a little variety to the blogging landscape instead of only reading ARCs or new releases. Sometimes it can get tiring seeing the same book reviewed over and over again. 

Is there anything else you would like to add?  Thanks for having me!


 If you are an author or blogger with a tattoo and are interested in being our guest on INKED, you can find all of the information HERE.
 
 
 
 
 
 
author image

Christy

Christy is a 27 year old wife, mother, nursing student and self proclaimed book addict. When she's not busy spending time with her family or learning to save lives, you can find her with a book in her hands, and a smile on her face.
Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0