INKED | Lexxie from (un)Convential Bookviews

Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2015 12:00 AM
 
Please welcome today's guest, Lexxie from (un)Convential Bookviews!
 
 
 
Name: Lexxie
 
 
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a forty-something mom of four who went back to uni a few years ago (about the same time I was really starting to use Goodreads in fact) and I got my BA in English language and literature, and General Linguistics in September 2014. Now I'm working on my MA degree, and having fun with that.
I started blogging in June 2014, and I love having a little place on the internet where I can chat about books and other things that go on in my life. I have been married for almost 20 years (in June) to the love of my life, and he's the reason why I got my first tattoo - and he has the same one.



 
 
 
 



 
 
When did you get your first tattoo? I got my first tattoo in April 2013.
When did you get your last tattoo? The last one so far I got in October 2013, that's the bracelet with my kids' names with a heart in between each name.
 
Do you have a favorite? I love both of them! They both have a meaning to me, and I'm very happy to have them.
 
Is there a special meaning behind any of your tattoos?
The infinity sign both my husband and I got on our ring-finger is special, I love the symbolism for it, and I am so happy we both got it. And the bracelet one is kind of a real way to show I have my kids close to me always - even now that they are bigger and independent in many ways.
 
Are you planning to get anymore? I would love to get a bookish tattoo on my right wrist. And an anklet tattoo kind of like the one P!nk has, but with little hearts instead of dog-tags.
 
Something like this one, but where there seems to be writing inside, maybe :)
 
 
 
Tell us a little about your books/blog: When I started blogging, it was mostly because I wanted a private space on the internet where I could use the color scheme I like, and where I could do more than 'just' reviews. I'm pretty much a genre omnivore, I love reading all kinds of books as long as they are well written, and I need for there to be some character development. I am so happy I started blogging, because I have met so many other book-lovers thanks to that. And participating in challenges, group-reads, and hanging out with other bloggers is a big plus for me.
 
 
Thanks for sharing your ink with us Lexxie!  We really love the book tattoo, you'll have to let us know if/when you get it ;)
 
 
 


 If you are an author or blogger with a tattoo and are interested in being our guest on INKED, you can find all of the information HERE.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

 

author image

Christy

Christy is a 27 year old wife, mother, nursing student and self proclaimed book addict. When she's not busy spending time with her family or learning to save lives, you can find her with a book in her hands, and a smile on her face.
Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0