INKED | Author Heather Marie

Posted on Thursday, February 19, 2015 12:00 AM
 
Please welcome Author Heather Marie! 
 
 
Name: Heather Marie
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a young adult author represented by Danielle Smith at Red Fox Literary. I write mainly supernatural horror/thrillers and enjoy every second. My first book The Gateway Through Which They Came is out now, and the sequel The Gateway of Light and Darkness releases April 13th, 2015. I'm your typical author who tends to spend most of her time reading, or hanging out with her cat. My husband tolerates my antisocial personality just fine. I'm obsessed with Ghost Adventures and swear to myself I will meet Zak and Aaron one of these days. I'm still super heartbroken over Nick Groff leaving, but let's not talk about that. As for tattoos? Yeah. I got a few. 
 

 
 
When did you get your first tattoo? A day after my 18th birthday. It's just as horrible as you'd imagine your first tattoo would be. I still haven't shown it on the internet, I don't think. 

When did you get your last tattoo? Gosh. It must have been four years ago now. Maybe even longer? I'm definitely due for a new one. My tattoo artist would probably tell you I'm due for a few touchups. 

Do you have a favorite? My Dia de los Muertos skull is probably my favorite. I got it for my grandmother, who was taken from us when I was nine years old. She is greatly missed. 

Is there a special meaning behind any of your tattoos? I've personally sketched most of my tattoos. I think the only one I didn't was the Beatle tribute (which isn't pictured above). What I usually do is draw up a little something, and since I'm not a fantastic artist, my tattoo guy will elaborate on my designs. So with all of that being said, as someone who has been obsessed with writing her entire life, all my tattoos mean something. They each tell a story about a part of my life, or someone in it. That is a must before I get anything inked. Everything has to have a purpose. 

Are you planning to get anymore?  I do plan to get more at some point. I'd love to get a Harry Potter tribute like the Deathly Hallows, or even a Perks of Being a Wallflower quote. I just need to figure out where I'm gonna put these things. My arms are running out of room and I never intended to do full sleeves. It's a funny predicament to be in. 


 

 

Tell us a little about your books: Summary of The Gateway Through Which They Came taken from Goodreads: To seventeen-year-old Aiden Ortiz, letting the dead walk through his body to reach the other side comes with the territory. Being a Gateway isn’t an easy job, but someone’s gotta send Bleeders where they belong. Heaven. Salvation. Call it whatever you want. Dead is dead. But when his search for Koren Banks––the girl who went mysteriously missing seven months ago––leaves him with more questions than answers, he finds himself involved in something far more sinister and beyond his control. 

With the threat of the Dark Priest's resurrection, and his plan to summon his demon brothers from hell, Aiden is left to discover his identity before the Dark Priest's curse infecting his blood consumes him, and before the world as he knows it succumbs to the darkness of hell on earth.

Read the first chapter for THE GATEWAY THROUGH WHICH THEY CAME here: http://heathermarieya.com/first-chapt...

Watch the trailer along with behind-the-scenes footage over on Vicious Vanity FX: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2904...

 Buy from Amazon:
 
 
 
Thanks for sharing your ink with us Heather!  We enjoyed having you on the blog :)

If you are an author or blogger with a tattoo and interested in being a guest on INKED, you can find all of the information HERE.
 
 
author image

Christy

Christy is a 27 year old wife, mother, nursing student and self proclaimed book addict. When she's not busy spending time with her family or learning to save lives, you can find her with a book in her hands, and a smile on her face.
Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0