2015 Book Blogger Love-A-Thon

Posted on Saturday, February 21, 2015 9:00 AM
The 2015 Book Blogger Love-A-Thon is hosted by Alexa Loves Books
This is the first time that Erica & I are participating in the Book Blogger Love-A-Thon and we are extremely excited! 
We love the idea behind this and we both enjoy meeting new people, so we thought we would join in on the fun. 
If you are participating, be sure to leave us a comment with a link to your posts so we can stop by your blog and check them out! 

Christy's Questionnaire


What’s your name? Christy

Where in the world are you blogging from? Kentucky, USA

How did you get into blogging in the first place? I wanted a place where I could talk about the books that I was reading.  I really don't know anyone in real life who reads, so I didn't have anyone to fangirl with.  One day I discovered Goodreads, then blogging, and everything just sort of fell into place from there.

How did you come up with your blog name? Erica and I brainstormed and threw some potential blog names in the mix, but in the end we both fell in love with Novel Ink. 

What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? While we review YA, NA and Adult, we seem to read/review more YA.

What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews? We also post some discussions, and we also have a few unique features, such as, Trivia Tuesday, INKED, and Sunday Silliness. 

Best blogging experience so far? When I received a few emails from other bloggers say how much they loved Novel Ink.  That put a smile on my face and it made my day.  I love knowing that Novel Ink readers are enjoying what Erica and I post.

Favorite thing about the blogging community? It's so opening and welcoming!  I'm a really shy person so I never dreamed that I would have made some of the friendships that I have thanks to blogging.

Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015!






What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?



Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF? I would love to be friends with Charley and Cookie from the Charley Davidson series because life would never be boring.

Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests? I don't really have any other hobbies right now because school takes too much of my time.  But I would love to get into crafts and design someday.

Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for? My family

At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing? Right now it would be Blank Space by Taylor Swift or The Monster by Eminem and Rihanna.

Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book. I would love to see WARNER the Shatter Me series WARNER come to life on the big screen :) 

Erica's Questionnaire 

What’s your name? Erica

Where in the world are you blogging from? Ohio, USA

How did you get into blogging in the first place? I have always wanted something that I truly love to do--I have never found it until Goodreads come about. Yes, reading has been something I truly enjoyed, but I wanted to voice my love. So thanks to Goodreads I started my blog. But, soon after that (thanks again to Goodreads) I found Christy. She wanted a co-blogger and I am so unbelievably lucky to have found her.

How did you come up with your blog name? Christy wanted to change the name of her blog for a while and since I was a new addition she thought it should be something to fit both of us -- so we put our heads together and came up with Novel Ink.

What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? I would say we review mostly YA, but Christy and I have been reading more NA lately.

What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews? We have some features we do around here -- Trivia Tuesday, INKED, Sunday Silliness and on Wednesday's we do things like "Books That Made Us Cry."

Best blogging experience so far? Finding Christy. That may be so stupid, but truly she helped me so much. I was lost when I first entered the blogging world, but with her it's been so easy. She isn't just my co-blogger she's a true friend and that has been my best experience thus far.

Favorite thing about the blogging community? I can voice my opinion without worrying. I don't know why, but when I'm behind a computer I'm not as scared as if I were to state my opinion in person. I just love how open and free it is. 

Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015! 





What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?




Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF? Skylar from I'll Meet You There - she reminds me of myself and I think we would just get along so well. 

Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests? I love to watch Netflix (does that count as a hobby, I think so), crafting (even though I don't do it much) and baking.

Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for? I love buying gifts for my boyfriend - it's actually quite a problem.

At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song would be playing? I can't just choose one song, but anything by One Direction would definitely be my jam.

Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book. Even though I didn't like this book as much as I was hoping, I would really love to see Dangerous Girls into a movie to see how it would unwind behind the big screen.

author image

Christy

Christy is a 27 year old wife, mother, nursing student and self proclaimed book addict. When she's not busy spending time with her family or learning to save lives, you can find her with a book in her hands, and a smile on her face.
Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0