Book Review | Amour Amour by Krista and Becca Ritchie

Posted on Monday, December 22, 2014 12:00 AM

 
 
 
 


Format: Kindle Edition
Source: Purchased
Publication Date: December 12, 2014
My Rating: 6 out of 5 stars



Love is a circus

"Every day,” he says lowly, “I hold a person’s life in my hands. The circus is based one-hundred percent off trust. I give it all to someone, and they give it all to me.”

The best aerial technique won’t land 21-year-old Thora James her dream role in Amour—a sexy new acrobatic show on the Vegas strip. Thora knows she’s out of her element the second she meets Amour’s leading performer. Confident, charming and devilishly captivating, 26-year-old Nikolai Kotova lives up to his nickname as the “God of Russia.”

When Thora unknowingly walks into the crosshairs of Nikolai’s after-show, her audition process begins way too soon. Unprofessional. That’s what Nik calls their “non-existent” relationship. It’s not like Thora can avoid him. For one, they may be partners in the future--acrobatic partners, that is. But getting closer to Nik means diving deeper into sin city and into his dizzying world.

Thora wants to perform with him, but when someone like Nikolai attracts the spotlight wherever he goes—Thora fears that she’s destined to be just background to his spellbinding show.

This sexy and exhilarating New Adult Romance can best be described as Cirque du Soleil meets the steamy, athletic romance of Center Stage.



My Thoughts:



Wow, what can I say about Amour Amour that will do it justice? I feel like no matter what I say in this review, it won't be enough. But I'm going to do my best to tell you how amazing this book is.

This is actually the first circus book that I've read, and going in, I didn't really know what to expect, but I'm happy that I picked this one up and it's going to be hard for other circus books that I read in the future to live up to this one. The authors described everything so perfectly, I felt like I was right there with Thora and Nik, and it was wonderful.

Thora was a great main character, I loved the fact that she never gave up on herself despite the fact that everyone around her was saying she wasn't good enough. Instead of wallowing in self doubt and accepting defeat, she worked harder to prove that she was enough and that she could do it. That right there earned her my respect and she had my support the entire time. Nik *wipes drool off face* Nik is the epitome of what a book boyfriend should be. He was encouraging, supportive, caring, and he was willing to sacrifice his happiness with Thora if that was what it took for her dreams to come true.

I also really loved the supporting characters, Katya, Timo, Luka, and John were wonderful and I can't tell you how many times I cracked up at John and Timo's interactions. Although, I loved most of the supporting characters, there were a few that upset me at times. Shay, Thora's best friend, was one of those. I just didn't like the way that he didn't seem to believe in her. What's the point of a best friend that doesn't support your wild and crazy dreams, that's what they are there for. They should say "you've got this", instead of making you doubt yourself, and I feel like Thora didn't have a lot of support from him.

Overall, Amour Amour was a fantastic read, and my favorite NA book of 2014. It's a surprising, passionate and beautiful read that I highly recommend.
 




author image

Christy

Christy is a 27 year old wife, mother, nursing student and self proclaimed book addict. When she's not busy spending time with her family or learning to save lives, you can find her with a book in her hands, and a smile on her face.
Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0