Book Review | Things I Can't Forget by Miranda Kenneally

Posted on Friday, June 27, 2014 3:30 AM


Series: Hundred Oaks # 3
Format: Paperback
 Source: Traded
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Publication Date: March 1, 2013

  

 Companion to Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker.

Kate has always been the good girl. Too good, according to some people at school—although they have no idea the guilty secret she carries. But this summer, everything is different…

This summer she’s a counselor at Cumberland Creek summer camp, and she wants to put the past behind her. This summer Matt is back as a counselor too. He’s the first guy she ever kissed, and he’s gone from a geeky songwriter who loved The Hardy Boys to a buff lifeguard who loves to flirt--with her.

Kate used to think the world was black and white, right and wrong. Turns out, life isn’t that easy…

Read an excerpt
here.

Note: Mature themes, sexual situations, religious discussions.





My Thoughts


After reading and loving both Catching Jordan and Stealing Parker, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on Things I Can’t Forget because I just knew that it was going to be amazing and that I would fall in love with it just as I had the previous books in the series.  Sadly, I didn’t love it as much as I did the other books in this series.

Honestly, I really struggled with this book in the beginning and I almost put it down a few times.  The reason why I had such a hard time with this book at first was mostly because Kate.  She was such a judgmental bitch that I was constantly wanting to slap her and tell her to grow up and mind her own business. 

Kate is feeling a ton of guilt over something that she helped her best friend do.  And in my opinion, she should because what she helped Emily do was horrendous and awful and I, personally, will never understand how someone could do that. 

Even though this book starts off slow, it picks up around page 100 or so and Kate seems to chill out a little bit. 

I really liked Parker and Will in Stealing Parker so I was very happy to see that they both are very present in this book and we also get to see a little of Jordan near the end.

I also really liked Matt.  He was friendly, sweet and he was also very charming.  I can see why Kate fell for him.  I also think that he was exactly what Kate needed in order to come out of her shell and realize that it’s ok to make mistakes.

Overall, Things I Can’t’ Forget was a good read that I would have probably enjoyed more if it wasn’t for the terrible thing at the beginning. 










Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0