Book Review | Horde by Ann Aguirre

Posted on Monday, April 7, 2014 4:00 AM

Format: Hardback
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Publication Date: October 29, 2013

 
 
The epic conclusion to the USA Today bestselling trilogy.

The horde is coming.

Salvation is surrounded, monsters at the gates, and this time, they're not going away. When Deuce, Fade, Stalker and Tegan set out, the odds are against them. But the odds have been stacked against Deuce from the moment she was born. She might not be a Huntress anymore, but she doesn't run. With her knives in hand and her companions at her side, she will not falter, whether fighting for her life or Fade's love.

Ahead, the battle of a lifetime awaits. Freaks are everywhere, attacking settlements, setting up scouts, perimeters, and patrols. There hasn't been a war like this in centuries, and humans have forgotten how to stand and fight. Unless Deuce can lead them.

This time, however, more than the fate of a single enclave or outpost hangs in the balance. This time, Deuce carries the banner for the survival of all humanity.


 

My Thoughts


I have been a fan of this series since I first picked up Enclave years ago and while I was sad to see this story end, I was also extremely excited to see HOW it would end and I have to say that this book completely blew me away, Aguirre did a wonderful job of tying up loose ends and answer any lingering questions before she brought this trilogy to a close.

Horde starts off right where Outpost left off, Deuce, Fade, Tegan and Stalker are headed to the nearest town to try and get help for Salvation but with the Horde getting smarter and closing in on Salvation, will they make it back in time to save the people that took them in?

Deuce is such a resilient character and I loved see her evolve throughout the series and I really feel like she came into her own in this book, she was so strong and brave and I can see why so many people look up to her, she’s a born leader. Fade is another character that I’ve loved from the beginning and I was so heartbroken when he went through what he did in Outpost but I had hope that he would recover and become a stronger person for it.

The enemy’s sleeping, men. Bring the pain.

While I would love to say that everyone that we have met walks away unscathed, I can’t. This is a war and there are deaths, and some of them will probably crush you, I know there were a few times that I had to wipe away tears while I was reading this book.

Like I said above, a lot of the questions that I have had from the beginning were answered in this last installment. We finally find out how the freaks came to be what they are, and also why this series is called Razorland. Deuce also finds out what became of some friends that she left behind in the Enclave, ones that she has often wondered about.

Overall, Horde is more action packed than its predecessors and I’m happy to report that there is not a dull moment in this series ender and I feel absolutely confident that fans of the first two books will be totally content with the way that this series ends.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0