Discussion | Reading Schedules

Posted on Thursday, March 6, 2014 4:30 AM
 


I know that as bloggers and reviewers a lot of us feel the pressure to read a certain review book that we requested and is coming out soon instead of picking up a book that we really want to read. At least I know that I used to feel this way when I first started out blogging and getting review books.


However, I've come to learn that doing it that way and trying to stick to a reading schedule doesn't work for me...at all. In fact I think it was one of the reasons that I got burned out on blogging back at the end of 2012 and beginning of 2013. Even when I started back blogging in May of last year, I still felt guilty if I choose a book that I was DYING to read over a review book. I even wrote a post about how I was going to try out a new 'reading schedule'.

But, I quickly learned that sticking to a schedule and making myself read something wasn't for me. The main reason I feel like reading schedules and I don't get along is because I'm SUCH a mood reader. I can pick up a book to read only to put it back down within the first 10 pages because I'm not in the mood for that certain type and then pick it up weeks later and fall in love with it. 

I've also learned that if I make myself read a book that I'm really not in the mood for, it will affect my overall feeling of the book which will most likely result in a lower rating and for me personally, I didn't feel like that would be fair to the author or the book. 

So, I decided that if I'm not feeling a certain genre or book then I won't pick it up, no matter if it's a review book or not because in my experience and for me personally it does more harm than good.


TALK TO ME
Do you stick to a reading schedule? If so, how do you make it work? Are you a mood reader like me?

        



Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0