Discussion | How I Know That It's Time To DNF A Book

Posted on Thursday, March 27, 2014 4:00 AM

 
I know that the act of DNFing books is different for everybody, some people will put a book down if they are not enjoying it and some will hold out until the very end. I feel like everybody should do what they feel comfortable with or what they feel is best for them. If they are not feeling a book and that decide to put it down, that's ok. Or if they are not enjoying a book and they still finish it, well, that's ok too. Everybody should have their own preference when it comes to the dreaded DNF.

When I first started reading, I was the type of person who would force myself to finish a book no matter if I liked it or not. However, since I started blogging, I don't force myself to read the books that I'm not enjoying anymore. I have so many books that I want to read that I just don't feel like I should waste my time on the books that I don't like. Again, this is only MY personal preference.

The main thing that makes me decide that it's time to DNF a book is when I find excuses not to read. There have been times when I'm reading a book and I will constantly try to come up with something to do that way I won't have to read that specific book. When I notice myself wanting to do other things like housework instead of reading a certain book, that's when I know it's time to add that book to the DNF pile.


 
Now, I want to you what your preference is when it comes to DNFing books. Do you DNF a book that you're not enjoying? Or do you try to hold out?
 

 
 
 

Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0