Book Review | Angelfall by Susan Ee

Posted on Friday, March 28, 2014 4:30 AM




Series: Penryn & The End of Days
Format: Paperback
Source: Purchased
Publisher: Feral Dream
Publication Date: May 21, 2011
Goodreads

 It's been six weeks since angels of the apocalypse descended to demolish the modern world. Street gangs rule the day while fear and superstition rule the night. When warrior angels fly away with a helpless little girl, her seventeen-year-old sister Penryn will do anything to get her back.

Anything, including making a deal with an enemy angel.

Raffe is a warrior who lies broken and wingless on the street. After eons of fighting his own battles, he finds himself being rescued from a desperate situation by a half-starved teenage girl.

Traveling through a dark and twisted Northern California, they have only each other to rely on for survival. Together, they journey toward the angels' stronghold in San Francisco where she'll risk everything to rescue her sister and he'll put himself at the mercy of his greatest enemies for the chance to be made whole again.

Recommended for ages 16 and up.

 

My Thoughts

Have you ever picked up a book that has been out for years but you haven't read it because you didn't think you would like it, but once you do decide to give it a chance you felt like kicking yourself because you loved it so much?  Well, Angelfall is that book for me.  I'm so mad at myself for not picking it up sooner and diving into this exquisite world in which angels are something to be feared.

From the moment I started this book I found myself completely absorbed in Penryn's world and when her sister, Paige, gets kidnapped by avenging angels, I felt all the same emotion that Penryn was feeling.  From the beginning I felt such a connection with Penryn and that connection didn't fade, not once.   

Raffe, what can I say about Raffe.  He had me intrigued from the first moment that he was introduced into the story and he still had me intrigued at the end.  But he's also such a big mystery in the sense that it's hard to figure out what he is thinking a lot of the time.  However, at the end of this book we emotions that he kept hidden from Penryn and when I saw that side of his, I was in tears.

Overall, this was such an exciting and fascinating read and I can say that this book will be unlike any angel book you have read before. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go buy World After so that I can see what happens next.
 




 
Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0