The Summer I Became A Nerd by Leah Miller

Posted on Monday, December 9, 2013 4:00 AM




Format: Paperback
 
Source: Traded
 
Publisher: Entangled Teen
 
Publication Date: May 7, 2013
 
Pages: 258
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
On the outside, seventeen-year-old Madelyne Summers looks like your typical blond cheerleader—perky, popular, and dating the star quarterback. But inside, Maddie spends more time agonizing over what will happen in the next issue of her favorite comic book than planning pep rallies with her squad. That she’s a nerd hiding in a popular girl's body isn’t just unknown, it's anti-known. And she needs to keep it that way.

Summer is the only time Maddie lets her real self out to play, but when she slips up and the adorkable guy behind the local comic shop’s counter uncovers her secret, she’s busted. Before she can shake a pom-pom, Maddie’s whisked into Logan’s world of comic conventions, live-action role-playing, and first-person-shooter video games. And she loves it. But the more she denies who she really is, the deeper her lies become…and the more she risks losing Logan forever.

 
The Summer I Became A Nerd has to be one of the sweetest and cutest contemporary books that I have read.  I completely fell in love with all of the characters.  Maddie was incredibly easy to relate to, and Logan was just so sweet.  Hell, I even loved the scenes with Logan's mom.  I also really liked Dan, Logan's best friend.  I can't tell you how many times I cracked up at some of the things he said and did. 
 
This is the first book that I've read that deals a lot with comics, and even though I don't think I've ever read a comic book in my life, I still really enjoyed everything about this book and I could appreciate how much Maddie loved comics because that is exactly how I feel about my books (except the whole 'it's a secret thing', because there's no way that I could hide my bookish feelings).  
 
If you're looking for a fun, light and sweet contemporary book, then you should give this one a try.  
 
 
{All summed up}
 


 
 

2 comments:

  1. This was such a cute book, I loved it too. Logan, what a great guy. He likes what he likes and he's not afraid of just being who he is. So sweet! Definitely adorkable. This book just made me smile. Glad you enjoyed it too! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you loved this one too! It's one of my fave reads this year and more people should definitely read it, yes? <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, they make my day :D

Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0