Slammed by Colleen Hoover

Posted on Monday, December 30, 2013 4:00 AM


 


 
Series: Slammed #1
 
Format: Paperback
 
Source: Traded
 
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
 
Pages: 321
 
Publication Date: September 18, 2012
 
 
 
 

 
Layken's father died suddenly, leaving her to gather every ounce of strength to be a pillar for her family, in order to prevent their world from falling apart. Now her life is taking another unexpected turn...

Layken's mother gets a job which leads to an unwanted move across the country. However, a new home means new neighbours... and Layken's new neighbour is the very attractive Will Cooper.

Will has an intriguing passion for slam poetry, and a matching passion for life. The two feel an irresistible attraction but are rocked to the core when a shocking revelation brings their romance to a screeching halt. Layken and Will must find a way to fight the forces that threaten to tear them apart...or learn to live without each other.
 


 
This is my 4th Colleen Hoover book this year and I must say that she definitely knows how to hook me.  It seems like every time I pick up one of her books, I just can't put it down. 
 
By the end of the first chapter I had already felt a connection to Lake and once I met Will, I immediately felt a connection to him also.  The characters in this book are so well written that it's hard not to feel something for them.  Eddie was absolutely amazing, I would have loved to have a best friend like her when I was in school.  Hell, I would love to have her as a best friend right now. 
 
Slammed is a very emotional book, I can't count how many times that I broke down in tears while reading this book.  Hoover really knows how to break her readers hearts.  Honestly the only problem that I had with this book was how fast that Lake and Will seemed to fall 'in love' with each other.  This is the only reason why I'm not giving it a full five stars.
 
Overall, I really enjoyed meeting these characters and I can't wait to see what happens in Point of Retreat.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0