Cover Adoration (4) Before & After Edition

Posted on Sunday, December 22, 2013 1:20 PM
 
It seems like there are a ton of books that are getting their covers redesigned, so for today's Cover Adoration I thought I would do a before & after so I can put the covers up against each other to see which one everyone likes the best.


 
 
My Pick: I actually have the one on the left and I actually think that it is my favorite.  When I look at them side by side, it's the one that draws my eye.  That cover is just so haunting and it's the reason why I bought the book.
 


My Pick: I actually have the one on the left and it's the one that draws my attention first, I think it's all of those gorgeous colors.  I would be more likely to pick up the first one based on the cover alone.


 
My Pick: Again, I have the one on the left but I wish that I had the other.  I think the newer cover with the eye is amazing.
 

My Pick: Honestly, I don't really love any of those covers but if I was in a store and these were the only 3 books on the shelf, I would probably pick up the one on the right.

 
My Pick: I actually have the left one, but I wish that I had the newer one.  I just think it's so much more eye catching and I love the pink.
 
 
Which ones are your favorites?
 
 
 




4 comments:

  1. I like the one on the left for all of them except The Name of the Star. I don't particularly like either covers, but I think the one on the right is much cleaner looking. I may be the only person not into the new Shatter Me covers. I really don't like the eye. It makes me wonder where the nose is, and the thought of no nose kinda creeps me out. :p

    -P.E. @ The Sirenic Codex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love these! I'm definitely picking the leftmost Across The Universe cover (Why did they even need redesigns? The original was GORGEOUS!), and also the Shatter Me cover with the eye. I know some people are creeped out by it, and I honestly can't remember that eye's significance but I just really love the way they look. And I actually have the newer AATFK cover, and I prefer it over the original one, since it features Paris and features beautiful colors. So there, love these picks Christy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The name of the star, the FIRST ONE. Across the Universe, definitely the one of the left. Love that cover.

    As for Shatter me, NO EYES. I like the dress cover better! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Name of the Star: I agree with you. I have it with the original cover as well. I don't like the new covers that much.

    Across the Universe: I don't like the middle cover. I like both of the others. While I feel the purple one best suits the title of the book, I don't like the creepy faces in face as much as I like the "girl in the lens" effect of the blue and green cover. Overall, I like the blue and green cover best.

    Shatter Me: I can take or leave both covers. I don't really like either of them. I have the one with the eye on the cover.

    The Diviners: Not crazy about any of these covers, but I really don't like the original....I like it least. If I were going by cover alone, the middle one attracts my attention the most.

    Anna and the French Kiss: I don't like the new covers for this series. I realize some people do, for the colours and simplicity. But, I really liked the covers with the couples on the covers. I feel the couple covers are more likely what the series is actually about.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, they make my day :D

Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0