Book Review | Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Posted on Monday, October 21, 2013 4:00 AM


Series: Divergent # 2
Format: Hardcover
 
Source: Purchased
 
Publisher: HarperCollins
 
Publication Date: May 1, 2012
 
Pages: 525


 
One choice can transform you, or destroy you.

Every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves, and herself, while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.
 Like I said in my review of Divergent, I read these two books when they first came out. But with the third and final book coming out in a few weeks I decided that I needed to re-read the first two books in this trilogy because I knew that I had forgotten A LOT of what had happened, but I didn’t realize just how much I couldn’t remember until I re-read this book.

Insurgent starts off with Tris, Four and a bunch of other people seeking refuge from the Amity, but it’s clear from the beginning that they won’t be able to stay long. The Amity are all about peace and Tris and Four are about fighting for what is right.

If you read my review of Divergent you know exactly how strong of a character that I thought Tris was. She was still strong in this book, but I felt like she was a little too reckless. She put herself in so many situations in which she could have gotten killed and I think if she would have listened to Four they could have figured out a better way to go about doing things. Four was still the smart, strong and compassionate guy that we met in Divergent and I wish that Tris would have trusted him a little more.

It has been so long since I read this book the first time, I had forgotten some MAJOR things. I mean I read a few things that once again shocked the crap out of me. Like the traitor who had been giving Jeanine all of her information about Tris. And that ending….wow. I can’t believe how much that I had forgotten. I’m so glad that I decided to re-read the first two books before the final one comes out. I think it will make reading Allegiant much more powerful.

Overall, Insurgent is just as fast-paced and action packed as its predecessor. If you are looking for a book that will keep you on your toes, then you should give this trilogy a try. You won’t be disappointed.



 

1 comment:

  1. I just reread this yesterday and I was the same...I completely forgot almost everything in this book so I'm so glad I reread it. The traitor, the ending, etc. Completely forgot it all. I did understand why Tris was acting the way that she did given what happened in the first book, losing her mom and dad and then having to kill Will. She was just reeling and reacting and to me that was a realistic way for her to behave given these horrific circumstances. I'm' so excited to read Allegiant tomorrow! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, they make my day :D

Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0