Early Book Review | Gold by Talia Vance

Posted on Thursday, August 8, 2013 12:30 AM



Series: Bandia # 2

Format: e-ARC

Source: Netgalley

Publisher: Flux

Publication Date: September 8, 2013

Pages: 408


 Descended from an Irish demigod, Brianna has fled to Ireland to escape destruction at the hands of her sworn enemies, the Sons of Killian. Taking refuge at the estate of her former nemesis, Austin Montgomery, Brianna discovers a rift in time that opens to an era before the feud began.

Wrestling with her newfound feelings for the more innocent Austin, Brianna begins to wonder if she can alter the past. But when Brianna and Austin learn that the Sons are raising an army of mythical beasts, the pair will need to use their magical strength in the present to avoid a tragic end.
Silver ends with a fragile truce between the Sons and Brianna, but it’s painfully obvious that the truce wouldn’t last for very long.  Gold starts off with Brianna going to Ireland to hide from the Sons after she is accused of something that she didn’t do.    
 
Brianna is such a strong character and she continues to prove it countless times during Gold.  I really respected the way that she handled all of the challenges that were thrown her way and that she didn’t give up, no matter the cost.    
 
Going into Gold, I really didn’t know how to feel about Austin, but he absolutely stole my heart over and over again.  He’s so charming, sweet and he would do anything to protect Brianna, no matter the consequences.        
 
I really didn’t care too much for Blake in Silver because of the way that he treated Brianna and I still didn’t like him at the beginning of this book.  But by the end of Gold I liked him a little bit better but still not as much as Austin.
 
Gold is jam packed with action, suspense and an utterly heartbreaking ending. It will grip you from the very first page and not let go.  This played on so many of my emotions; I laughed, I cried, I got angry.  I can’t wait to see where Vance will take these characters next book.


Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0