Review: Temptation by Karen Ann Hopkins

Posted on Monday, August 6, 2012 6:05 PM

Format: E-ARC from Netgalley

Pages: 383

Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Buy this Book: Amazon


From Goodreads:


Your heart misleads you.
That's what my friends and family say.

But I love Noah.
And he loves me.

We met and fell in love in the sleepy farming community of Meadowview, while we rode our horses together through the grassy fields and in those moments in each other's arms.

It should be

ROSE & NOAH

forever, easy.

But it won't be.

Because he's Amish.
And I'm not.


Review:


When I first started reading Temptation I honestly didn’t know what to expect, I had never read a book with Amish people in it before and really didn’t know anything about them, but I’m happy to say that this book really surprised me.  It has everything that I love; a strong female character, a sweet guy and forbidden love.   

Temptation starts out with Rose and her family moving from Cincinnati to an old farm in Ohio.  The new neighbor comes over with his sons Jacob and Noah and invites the family over for dinner.  Rose and Noah have an instant connection but since he’s Amish and she’s not, it’s against his community’s belief to associate with what they call English people, or those who aren’t Amish.  But Noah can’t stop thinking about Rose and how different she is from the girls that are in his community.  Rose is expressive and outspoken and that’s exactly what draws him to her.

I always find it interesting to see how two people from completely different ways of life come together and learn how to make their relationship work, so I love that we get both Rose and Noah’s perspective in this book.  While I’m absolutely positive being Amish is something that I could never be (I couldn’t live with their rules), it was really fascinating to learn about the Amish beliefs and their ways of life.

For me Temptation was the ‘I’ll just read one more chapter’ kind of book.  Once I picked it up I didn’t want to put it down.  It’s alluring and romantic and I can’t wait to read more of Noah and Rose’s story in the next book.


Quotes:


“Instead, the image of my new neighbor played over and over in my head.”

“Or maybe it was a sign from the universe that the two of us were meant to get together.  Either way, I was a happy little camper in my spot.”


Rating:


 



 

 

Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0