Review: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Posted on Sunday, August 19, 2012 11:27 AM

Format: Kindle Edition

Publisher: Entangled Publishing, LLC

Series: Lux Book 2

Buy this Book: Amazon



From Goodreads:


Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.
Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


Review:

I have one word for this book – AUH-MAZ-ING!!  Jennifer L. Armentrout certainly knows how to write hot aliens.  If all extra terrestrials are like Daemon Black then I sure as heck wouldn’t mind an alien invasion.  I absolutely loved everything about this book; I seriously think I highlighted half of it.  Onyx is definitely my favorite book so far this year. 

Katy is still the same stubborn girl that we met in Obsidian; she’s still denying what she truly feels for Daemon.  She will not admit her feelings to him because she thinks that he really doesn’t care about her, that everything that he thinks he feels is just because of the connection they made when he saved her life.  I also love the fact that Kat is a book lover & blogger (And yes, I had to mention blogging :D).  At least Katy understands why I buy more books even when I have a huge stack that I haven’t read yet (My husband? Not so much :P)

Daemon is still the snarky, sarcastic, confident *cough* hot *cough* alien from next door, from the beginning of Onyx he lets Katy know exactly how he feels about her, but since the whole connection thing, she doesn’t believe him so she pushes him away.   But the chemistry and the connection between Katy and Daemon is so obvious and strong that I don’t know how she can deny it for as long as she does. 

When Katy starts seeing Blake, the new guy in school, Daemon isn’t too happy about it.  Katy finally realizes that its not the connection that’s causing the attraction between her and Daemon and she’s ready to finally admit her feelings for Daemon but something always comes up and when something terrible happens; something that could destroy not only her relationship with Daemon, but also her friendship with Dee, she fears it may be too late.

Onyx is a nail-biting, grab-the-edge-of-your-seat, never-want-it-to end sequel.  It will have you under its spell from the beginning.  It’s utterly compelling and humorous with twists that you won’t see coming.  Ms. Armentrouts writing is absolutely stunning; I can honestly say that I will not hesitate in reading any books that she writes because I know that I will love them.  After the jaw-dropping ending, I am eagerly awaiting the next installment.  The Lux series is one that you really shouldn’t miss!


Quotes:


‘His lips tipped up one side and he leaned toward me, his mouth inches from mine, “Come and get it.”
Come and get…?  Daemon placed half the cookie between those full, totally kissable lips.
Oh, holy alien babies everywhere…’

“Stop distracting me, Kitten.  Back to my bet – by New Year’s Day, you’ll have admitted that you’re madly, deeply, irrevocably, and irresistibly in love with me.”

 

Rating:


 

 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment, they make my day :D

Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0