Review: Before I Wake by Rachel Vincent

Posted on Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:14 PM

                                     Review:Before I Wake


Amazon Summary:
I died on a Thursday, killed by a monster intent on stealing mysoul. 
The good news? He didn’t get it. 
The bad news? Turns out not even death will get you out of high school.

Covering up her own murder was one thing, but faking life ismuch harder than Kaylee Cavanaugh expected.  After weeks spent“recovering,” she’s back in school, fighting to stay visibleto the human world, struggling to fit in with her friends and planning timealone with her new reaper boyfriend.
But to earn her keep in the human world, Kaylee must reclaimstolen souls, and when her first assignment brings her face-to-face with an oldfoe, she knows the game has changed.  Her immortal status won’t keepher safe.  And this time Kaylee isn’t just gambling with her ownlife.

My Thoughts:

First I want to say Rachel Vincent is AMAZING, I have read and loved all of her books!!  I have been impatiently waiting this book since reading If I Die and let me say that it did not disappoint!  The writing was flawless and the book was incredible!

Before I Wake starts off a month after If I Die ends with Kaylee struggling to come to terms with her new afterlife.  The action starts in the very first chapter and Rachel doesn’t let up throughout the whole book.  Once I picked this book up I couldn’t put it down…this book took my emotions on a rollercoaster, I laughed and cried.

I love every one of the characters in this series especially Tod.  I love his sense of humor and his complete and utter devotion to Kaylee.  I also love how they’re relationship grows in this installment.  Nash also grew on me in this book, I didn’t like him in previous books for obvious reasons, but in this book you can see how much he really cares for Kaylee.  Another one of my favorite characters is Sabine…I just love her sarcastic, don’t give a crap attitude. She really says what she thinks and doesn’t hold anything back and I love her for it. 

I have to say the ending took me completely by surprise…I don’t think anyone will see this coming!  Ms. Vincent sure knows how to leave the reader hanging onto the edge of their seats waiting for the next installment.  If you haven’t read the Soul Screamer series….you need to!!!!!     

My Rating:



Copyright © 2014 Novel Ink
Template and Design by New Chapter Designs
Subtle Patterns (Subtle Patterns) / CC BY-SA 3.0